Along with the rising popularity of yoga on Instagram, this has inspired many new crazy variations that honestly, were not known to traditional yoga systems before. One of these “new postures” known as SUPER SOLDIER has been quite popular and have many asking, how the hell do you do that? Well we are here to break down this posture into 5 simple steps.
As crazy as the posture looks, it’s really important to warm up before attempting to try it out. Don’t get discouraged as well if it’s not turning out the way you want it to—it’s a posture that needs quite a lot of flexibility, especially in the hamstrings, shoulders and hips. So please, make sure your body is all warm and open!
1. Start standing with your feet a little bit wider than hips distance and exhale fold forward.
2. Shift your weight to the left leg and slowly raise the right leg up to go to a standing split.
3. From standing split, walk your hands back towards the standing foot. You can bend your left knee to allow your left shoulder get behind your knee.
4. Bend the raised right leg and grab the right foot with your left hand.
5. Straighten the standing leg, lengthen the top knee towards the sky, open your chest and ground the right fingertips.
How did it go? Don’t get frustrated if you weren’t able to get into it, it takes a few tries to understand the craziness of this posture. So give it a go, try it on both sides – maybe on one side it works! We all have a “more flexible” side, it’s completely normal. Remember that poses like these are just for fun! So don’t take it too seriously and just have fun with this one. <3